The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is a computer-based English proficiency test. It evaluates the language abilities of non-native speakers who want to study in English-speaking countries. The test is a set of 3 modules- Reading, Speaking and Writing (combined) and Listening. Although the Personal Introduction part is not scored, it gives you a chance to create a good impression on universities.
Is the thought of conversing in English enough to send beads of sweat trickling down your temples? Do you dread having to introduce yourself? If you answered yes to any or both of those questions, we are here to help.
The time allotted to the Speaking and Writing module of PTE Academic is 77 to 93 minutes. This section covers a variety of questions from personal introduction to describing images.
Before the actual test begins, test-takers must attempt the Personal Introduction question.
Here are some tips from experts to help you ace your personal introduction:
- Before proceeding with the test, ensure that your microphone and headphones work properly.
- The test taker is allocated 25 seconds to read the prompt and compose their response. Additionally, you get 30 seconds (without pause) to speak into the microphone
- Your voice records only when the microphone opens. So make sure that you begin speaking once you hear the tone, and not before that.
- Don’t mumble. While speaking, enunciate your words and speak clearly, without rushing the process.
- If you realize that you have made a mistake, don’t stop in the middle of your response. Finish the rest of your introduction without pausing.
- The Personal Introduction may include-
- Your name.
- Your age.
- Name of your city and country.
- Your profession.
- Place of work/study.
- Purpose of attempting PTE Academic (immigration or higher education).
- Your hobbies or interests.
- You get only one attempt to record your response, so you must prepare for this exercise well in advance.
NOTE: Please remember that this question is not scored and won’t affect your overall grade.
[…] “How to Prepare for Personal Introduction Task in PTE Academic.” Buy PTE Voucher from PTENOTE. June 09, 2018. Accessed July 04, 2018. https://ptenote.com/updates/pte-academic-personal-introduction/. […]
What happens if personal introduction is not given
What happens if personal introduction is not given in real Pte exam
Self introduction is not given what happens?