Highlight Correct Summary tips
In the Highlight Correct Summary task of the PTE Academic listening module, you will hear an audio recording up to 90 seconds long. After listening to it, you need to select the option that best summarizes the audio.
There is no negative marking scheme in these questions.
This item assesses your reading and listening skills. It contributes towards your PTE reading and PTE listening scores. There is no negative marking scheme in Highlight Correct Summary items.
To select an option, click on it using the left button on your mouse. To deselect it, left-click on the option again. You can also deselect it by clicking left on a different option. The option you select is highlighted in yellow.
Follow our strategy to improve your score in Highlight Correct Summary questions:
- Since the summaries in the options are long, reading the options before you have had a chance to listen to the audio can make it more difficult to get the answer right. So, you should pay more attention to understanding what the recording says.
- Identify and note down the main idea and the points that support the main idea, while listening to the audio. You will get an erasable noteboard to make notes. Nothing works better than taking notes (if you follow the proper method) as far as the PTE listening module is concerned.
- Now read the summaries. The correct summary should consist of the main idea and the supporting points.
- Skip options that focus on minor ideas or unnecessary details in the recording.
- Exclude summaries which contain information not mentioned in the recording. You should also skip options that oppose/present a different view than what the recording says.